Friday, June 8, 2012

Where the f**k have I been?!

Okay, I'll be the first to admit I have been a bit lazy when it come to nurturing my sweet, little, relationship with my blog.  Tisk, Tisk.  But, I'm back... Hopefully for good.

Before I divulge my plans for the summer, let's go back a few months.

1) Finished my 2nd semester of graduate school with a 4.0.  Yay.
2) Went to the beach with my family, and Opie of course.  He didn't get to enjoy the beach that much, but he will be back.  OH, HE WILL BE BACK.













3) Ian graduated with his masters in public health.  First of all, I'm so proud of him.  Honestly, I never thought I'd be able to cry at a graduation ceremony; I stand corrected.  He is what inspires me to work harder.  Secondly, I'm not going to any more graduations unless I think I may cry at them.  Basically, I've reached my peak when it comes to getting emotional at graduations, so if your not that important, I'll just send a check in the mail.  Graduations are long and I have prostate issues.  Done.












4) I went to Providence, RI, Maratha's Vineyard and Newport, MA.  What a wonderful trip!  This was my first time to the East coast and I loved it!  I was also able to knock some items off my bucket list: explore two new cities each year, and visit a lighthouse! 












NOW that you see what I've been doing, HERE'S what I plan on doing: 

For starters, this summer is rapidly escaping me.  Why is it that the hard times of the year creep by like I'm slowly pulling off a band-aid, but the fun times are as hasty as a summer's breeze.  Wow, that was cheesy.  Digression aside, I need to get started on maximizing my opportunities this summer.  Which means only one thing: I need to make a list.

1. Reconnect with my friends.  I'll say it, I've been shitty.  I've been selfish.  I've been lazy.  It started with my busy semester, then perpetuated by my inability to just 'snap-out' of it.  Typically, after a semester, my energy level is low, so I recharge myself with a trip.  Okay, great, I did that and... nothing.  Now, I just don't care to make any effort, which is perplexing because my friends me the WORLD to me.  So, I'm sorry and I'll try harder. 

2. Start writing.  Seriously, stop making fucking excuses and write.  Write, write, WRITE.

3.  Workout.  I'm close to my goal of having a six-pack.  I want it.  I'm glad I didn't peak in high school.. Suck it, bitches.

4. Volunteer.  I recently decided that I may want to get a gerontology certificate while obtaining my MSW.  Thanks to a school friend, I made a contact with someone in a nursing home and I'll be doing some volunteer work with her this summer.

5.  Continue learning Spanish.

6.  Road trip with bad bartender (AKA, Lauren).

7.  Go to Austin, TX, to visit Vanessa.

8.  Take care of all the tiny, disorganized, parts of my life.

9.  Spend as much time with my boyfriend.

10.  Read my list everyday.

Off to get started!

Garrett Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment